Saturday, January 10, 2015

PPAP Opening at Newark Arts Alliance



Last night was the opening for our group show at the Newark Arts Alliance in Newark Delaware and it was a packed house full or friends, family, fellow painters and a lot of art lovers. It was a a bit nippy as they say, and the traffic was mad crazy on the way down from Philly, but it was warm and toasty inside the gallery.
                                                    Alexandra Tyng and Nancy B Miller
                                      Alina and Niloofar talk about her painting which sold!
                                                 Alina in front of a few of her paintings
                                            Charles and his family in front of the food court
                                     Jen and her Hubby Rob and our friend Margaret from school
                                                   Kid Flash rushed through for a look

Here I am in front of my wall




                               Niloofar with members from the NAA and in front of her work


I was told and don't know if it's true but our opening might have been the biggest attendance they have had for a show. It was great to also see so many fellow painters and old school mates show up so we could reconnect and talk art and catch up. I did so much talking I didn't take as many pictures as I usually do, but I did get some and even a short video. It was also great that there were some sales as well for the opening. We had quite a spread of goodies to munch on as wine to drink so everybody seemed happy, arty and content. Its also great when fellow painters show up so you can talk shop and gossip--we all love some art gossip.
                                                     Our Group shot from the show: Lexi Thomas, Niloofar GH, Nancy B Miller, Michael Cole Manley, Alina Osipov, William Sentman, Jen Polillo, Charles Newman


I know I might be prejudiced but I think our show looked great, hung well together and I am proud to be amongst this group of great painters that inspire me and keep me motivated. I have said it many times and will say it here, having a group of fellow artists that are on the same trip, to support and share the joy of being an artist,, even in the hard times and bad days in the studio cannot be overvalued. This show is the result of that love and support. A big thanks to the fellow artists and staff of the Newark Arts Alliance for inviting us to have a show and for being great hosts!

It was a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment